Community Weblog of Persian Students in the UK was born on 19th of May 2003 after four students - two of them already active bloggers at the time - discussed the idea of a group weblog in their university halls of residence. Their intention was to create an online environment where its members could:
- Share their thoughts and experiences of student life.
- Write in English, so the content of the blog would become accessible to everyone. In this way members could also have the chance to practice writing in English in areas other than their university studies.
- Learn from each other.
- Practice team work.
- Get to know about other students.
- Find new connections and links.
- Help newcomers to find useful links and information.
- Create a “virtual” identity in Britain.
- Maximise the fun of being a student in the UK.